Yet another marketing platform, you’re probably thinking. 😒
The thing is, you're partly right. It is another marketing platform - but there's more to it.
If you're a marketer who sits mainly in the digital realm (like me - *waves*) you're well aware that inbound marketing is the way forward. People don't want to be interrupted - they want content that speaks to them and addresses their challenges at that point in time. As a business, you need to build trust with your customers through content they want to read. Content that represents a shared sense of values, lifestyle and goals.
From a technical point of view, this means having access to the tools that helps you:
- deliver not only amazing content but the right content
- optimise it for buyer personas, channels and devices
- build relationships through lead nurturing workflows
- track and measure everything so you can pivot as you go
SO, WHAT IS HUBSPOT?
HubSpot is the Swiss Army knife for inbound. It carries everything you need to create magnetic content to attract the right people, convert them into leads that you can nurture through campaigns, and build lifetime customers that are advocates for your brand.
CONTENT BEGINS WITH YOUR WEBSITE
If you’re using a CMS like Wordpress to build your site, there are pros and cons. It’s easy to put together a responsive website without handling any code using pre-built templates - there is no denying it, there’s a reason Wordpress is the world’s most popular CMS. However, the major drawback with CMS platforms like Wordpress is that they haven’t been built for lead nurturing, and any added inbound functionality will rely on external platforms and plugins, for example:
- SEO by Yoast; so you can optimise your content for Google.
- Hootsuite; so you can schedule and promote your content on social media to get people in the door.
- Unbounce; so you can build and test landing pages to improve your visitor-to-lead conversion rates.
- Mailchimp; so you can build forms to capture lead details at the top of your funnels and build relationships through email marketing workflows.
- Salesforce; so you can nurture leads and convert them into customers.
- Google Analytics; so you can track web traffic and improve on your content strategy.
Sounds great, right?
With HubSpot, you're merging all of the above and bringing it back into one marketing automation platform. And by centralising your data you get ONE source of truth - isn't that the inbound marketer's dream?
THE DATA GOLD MINE
With all of your data sitting at the centre of HubSpot, you’re no longer worrying about platform integrations and actually have the time and tools to personalise content across your website and campaign workflows for the personas you’re targeting - no more one-size-fits-all content!
Lead capture forms automatically adjust to avoid asking the same questions twice and only collect details you don't already have. As leads move further down your marketing funnels, you can acknowledge their engagement and loyalty with value-adding content on-site and through email workflows and social media re-targeting. And with on-page SEO recommendations, it’s much easier to make your content search-friendly right from the word ‘Go’.
By using HubSpot for inbound marketing, it's possible to attract the right people to your business and give every lead the attention they deserve - something you wouldn't have time to provide manually otherwise. And as leads become sales-qualified and ready to convert into customers, it’s easy to get the sales team involved via the CRM so they can take over seamlessly.
If you’re keen to learn more about using HubSpot as your ultimate sales and marketing platform, pop your details in the form below - we’ll send over part one "Performance" of a four-part series on How to HubSpot.